Wednesday, May 1

My Relationship With Lord of the Rings

LOTR!! This is what I always see.......This is what I always hear.

Let me just start off by saying that I am not a huge fan of fantasy. My favourite 'genre' in regards to writing would definitely be non-fiction prose. That is my passion, that is where I find all of the things. When it comes to television, I basically just love independent films. Because they are weird and quirky and full of emotion and truth. I didn't actually realize that all my favourite movies were independent films until I went out looking for something they had in common. Turns out I was into Indie and didn't even know it. Isn't that always the case. Then came Lord of the Rings. I had heard of the books before the movies, but when they came out, I didn't even bother. I knew they were a "big deal" and that they were "super awesome" but I judged them by their cover and their fan group. I wouldn't like it, of that I was sure. And this isn't a love story. I am not about to tell you about the first chance and second chance and third chance I gave Lord of the Rings and how it stole my heart. It didn't. Though I did give it three chances. All of these chances occurred at Lord of the Rings Marathons. You know, because when i think I am going to hate something I usually decide to cram as much of it as I can, in as little time possible, really not let myself ease in. makes sense? No. No it doesn't make sense. Yet that is what happened the first, the second, and the third time I have seen these movies. Why do I consider putting myself through something I only enjoy a little. Because granted I do enjoy the movies a little. Now that I've seen them, and now that I know whats going on. But love them, no. Would watch them on my own, nope. What is it that draws me to these marathons? Well, I am a sucker for a good time. And when you cram 20+ people into a room for like 24 hours, good times are bound to be had. All the laughing. All the cuddling. The more I grow up and the more I learn about myself, one thing becomes obviously clear to me. I live in fear of missing out. So whether or not I will ever watch these movies again, there is one thing I know for sure. When you say movie marathon, while I pretend to think about it and weigh out my other, much cooler options, I'm pretty much already waiting at your door.

1 comment:

Jill said...

cuz you love the group hangs!
"When you say movie marathon, while I pretend to think about it and weigh out my other, much cooler options, I'm pretty much already waiting at your door."
haha so great.
also the first time i watched all the LOTR was at a marathon!