Saturday, May 4

It's Been Too Long, It's Time To Move On



I am going to miss the way Shane asks me if I want a coffee from Tim Hortons everyday when he goes. Even though he knows I don't, he still asks, every time. I'm going miss that.

I am going to miss getting iced coffee with Kelsey, I am going to miss being around someone who appreciates Starbucks iced coffee the way I do, someone who gets it, and understands that going to get it IS doing something with your afternoon.

I am going to miss the way Shane talks about himself in the third person, and makes up songs about how awesome he is, and how he dances, always with the dancing.

I am going to miss how on the same page Kesley and I are about home decor. I am going to miss our teal kitchen table, and fresh flowers just because.

I am going to miss wine Tuesdays or Thursdays or Saturdays or any day really. I am going to miss having Kelsey there to justify wine time, because life is hard.

I am going to miss how sometimes they care. Like really care about how your day was.

But I am looking forward to change,

I am not going to miss the fact that every single baseboard in the house is unattached. I am not going to miss propping them up every time they get bumped and being angsty while I sweep.

I am not going to miss sharing a bathroom with a boy.
Shane has many great qualities, his ability to use a toilet brush is not one of them.

I am not going to miss our ghetto front door with our screen that locks you in or out.

I am not going to miss the fluctuating roommates and the fluctuating rent. I never thought I would crave stability. But I am craving a lot of things I never imagined I would these days.

Change is difficult. Deciding on change is difficult. But it is also good for your soul.

Sometimes, God puts us in difficult situations. To teach us, to help us grow, to show us that we can be people of character and that we have the power to change our circumstances. Sometimes he doesn't give us an easy way out, so that when we have to walk straight ahead into the dark and hard places in life, and we overcome, we know who did that for us. We know not to take credit. We know that if necessary, we could do it again.

I often get frustrated because I get consumed by things that don't matter.

Sometimes you have to realize that not every situation in life will be perfect and that sucky things can also be amazing things and that getting your way isn't everything and that it is important to grow up and stop complaining about things and deal with what's making you unhappy.

It's been too long, it's time to move on.

1 comment:

Jill said...

this made me miss your room mates and im not even the one living with them/moving out. You just made them sound nice :) And I enjoyed hearing stories about how funny and cute they were!!
also, the photo is perfect. you and all your boxes.

"I never thought I would crave stability. But I am craving a lot of things I never imagined I would these days."
I love this. I love the way we can know ourselves so well, but how we change and then shock ourselves.


"Change is difficult. Deciding on change is difficult. But it is also good for your soul"
deciding, admitting, moving from imagining to making in reality. indeed the hardest part.

so proud of you <3