Tuesday, October 18

To Love Like This


Lately I have been watching a lot of Gossip Girl. Really I should be doing school readings, really I should be doing school papers, really I shouldn't be watching Gossip Girl. But I am and what it has made me realize is how typical I am. I want to resist. I don't want to be a typical girl, longing for love. But yet i get excited for and cry with Chuck and Blair as they go through the dramatics of their relationship. I mean they are not even real people, but I have let the music and acting manipulate me into thinking they are and I have been hurting with them and laughing with them and longing with them. 

Its quite the situation. 

I came across this post of one of my favourite bloggers and I'll let it manipulate your consciousness with what could be, the way it did mine :

“You’re one of the best things about my day. Every single day. I hate sleeping because I miss you even in my dreams. I love that you let me be myself, and it makes me want to be better. Everything about you causes me crush to even harder. And I’m already crushing REALLY hard. I’m mad at all the years where I didn’t know you. Your heart makes mine race. Your mind excites me more than I can explain. Your bum makes me forget my phone number. And even though you’re the sloppiest cook in the history of preparing food… you are, by far, my favourite.”
He gives her a gentle forehead to forehead bump.
“And don’t you forget it,” he adds."

1 comment:

ihavenorhythm said...

I've been watching a lot of gossip girl too, also when I should be doing other things. shhhhhhh




<3