Friday, October 28

The Depths of Despair

In my children's literature class we have just finished reading and discussing Anne of Green Gables. I watched this movie with my family when I was little, but have never read the book until now. If that is the case for you, I highly recommend reading it. Technology is wonderful and I am growing quite fond of the presents it has given me, but it could never replace the joy found in immersing ones self in a hard cover book. Due to this recent rediscovery of a wonderful story, I watched the movie with my family again tonight and have fallen in love with Anne all over again. The best part about Anne is that she is extremely dramatic in every situation. When life sucks, it doesn't just suck. It doesn't matter if the horrible thing she is experiencing is the fear of being not wanted by anyone, the humiliation found in making unfair apologies, or in the embarrassment of a hair dye job gone green, she seems to associate all negative experiences with the depth of despair. And right now I am in the depths of despair.

why?

Because I have short, short hair.

Due to a recent hair cut, my hair is the shortest it has been since grade 2 and the depths of despair have consumed me. I know I rant about long hair all the time, and about my inability to have it, but this was step one. Cutting off the hair I have betrayed. apologizing to it and making amends. I now have laid down the frame work for a growing process and long hair I will have. but until then, for this next little while of short, short hair, I am going to sulk, and I am going to complain, and I promise not to do it here.

(my right hand is in the air)

The next time you hear about my hair, it will be accompanied with a photograph of me and my gloriously lengthy locks. I can hardly wait.

Until then, I thought that rather than tormenting myself with photographs of beautiful girls with beautiful long hair, I would embrace this stage in the process with adorable photos of short hairs beauties.



I feel better already

1 comment:

ihavenorhythm said...

I love Anne too!! The rest of the books get even better :)

PS - with your big, beautiful eyes, I think short hair must look lovely on you.
PPS - that last picture is absolutely the cutest thing I have ever ever seen!!!