Wednesday, August 17

Muffler Shmuffler


so I bought this car back in spring and its no when Harry met Sally but I love the little red chugger with all of my heart and with all of its flaws.

It's cute and park-almost-anywhere size and has only 2 doors and one side view mirror, because apparently the right side one is optional, who knew?

There is no lighter in my little friend, so I can't charge my phone or ipod, which can get life threatening when you use a phone for emergencies while driving as often as I do, and when you leave the house with an almost dead phone battery as often as I do.

It is also seriously lacking a cup holder of any sort. But my make-shift slide around Starbucks to-go cardboard 4sie does the job, if you don't mind split coffee. And I don't because split coffee means a free coffee air freshener, so who could complain?

The only apparent downside is that it's a 4 speed and I was told It would never make it over 100km/hr. But clearly this someone knows nothing about ambition and highways.

When first looking at it, because its so cute and rust free, they had to assure me that it was a 91. A 91. Thats only 1 year younger than me. and I'm not capable of rusting. So I haaad to buy it so it could tell me all of its stay-youthful-looking-forever secrets. And I did, from a previous owner who didn't see why owning it for a period of time and using it for a period of time should lower its value, so he refused to take less than he paid for it and I was dead set now on owning what I saw as already rightfully mine, so I over paid. But jokes on him because I save such ridiculous amounts of money of gas, like everyday, that I now feel like I under paid. and I don't even care about the gas prices and wouldn't still if they went up.

That's right. I said it. If they went up. Me. Still not caring.

The car did need some work, like a fuel pump and an oil change and a new belt. But really not much at all compared to the ones I was looking at that needed new clutches and new interiors and new exteriors and new engines and what not.

One thing that my trusty mechanic did say it would need it a new exhaust system pipe funny word something soon. basically the muffler and its attachments were secretly rusting and had been re-welded too many times to last and he predicted that it would only hold until fall.

Well was he wrong.

It lasted until 4 days ago when I was driving my stretch of road and about 10 mins out of town the muffler fell off with a cablang-bam, eeeeak slash brumm brum brum.

Fell Off.

Rusted right through.

Detached completely.

On the highway.

It's no big deal or anything.

1 comment:

ihavenorhythm said...

This made me laugh so hard, especially the coffee air freshener. I love you.