Monday, March 15

The Heart Has Reasons That Reason Cannot Know



Last summer, God promised me something. something that would happen, that would occur during that time next year, well that time is approaching and my doubt is stronger than ever. doubting that it will happen, doubt that it could happen, doubt that I even heard him say anything or if it was jut my own plea mixed with my faith-esque surroundings. All I know is that suuny path, and that daisy, mixed with the longing in my heart for all I've ever wanted, led me to believe that God heard me and that he cared.

Ida Scott Taylor once said: Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering.

It doesn't matter that everything in my past leads me to expect history to repeat itself. It doesn't matter that expecting disappointment can only result in pain. All that matters is that for a long time now each year brings more and more to look back on with the desire to be back in each moment, and that I am choosing that right now, my life is only going to continue to do just that.

No comments: