Wednesday, December 3

The View From My Window

The angle of the moon through my window has created the illusion that there are six of them. Its distracting me from the long night of papers I have ahead of me, or so I like to think, but I know that there is something else. Something inside of me that wont allow me to just crack down and get to work. My mind is distracted and I don't have the ability to control my thoughts and refocus them onto pentateuch. It seems as if all hope is lost, I ironically tell myself only moments before my eyes scan the floor and come across the book: how to find hope when all hope is lost, lying on the floor from my research for my english paper. People who resort to books to solve their problems really have no hope. I put my hood on for comfort, there is something very comforting about a hood. Every time I feel awkward, uneasy, or like I don't know what to do with myself, up goes the hood. Everybody has a different group of things that are their 'comfort' things. For example some people need a good book and a fireplace, others a tub of ice cream and a sappy movie. Me, when I feel that overwhelming need for comfort, I resort to my hood. also a great big cup of coffee from home, just like mom makes it, a really good pair of socks, and music that makes my insides hurt. Only one of which is available to me right now, and one of which should not be played if I intend to get my three papers done.

 I guess I will just look out the window at the six moons and pray for this night to be over.

1 comment:

Tess-timony said...

Em I know how you feel. I am going thru that exact same phase where i know what i need to do but i am getting distracted and avoiding it all too easily. I like hoods :) especially the one on my lulemon hoodie, its so big! may your night be hooded